UAE Green Visa
Have you heard about the UAE Green Visa?
We're here to tell you about this exciting new initiative making waves in the UAE. So, what exactly is the UAE Green Visa? It's a new type of visa introduced by the UAE government to highly qualified individuals, investors, business owners, and top students and graduates. They can sponsor themselves without initially establishing business ties with UAE-based companies. If you're interested in applying for the UAE Green Visa, there are a few requirements you'll need to meet.
The benefits of the Green Visa UAE
The Green Visa is part of the UAE's broader efforts of UAE governments to attract highly talented individuals that aid in economic growth.
- One of the key benefits of the Green Visa is that it allows individuals to work and live in the UAE for up to five years.
- They attract entrepreneurs, freelancers, investors, and skilled professionals to increase the job market's flexibility and competitiveness. At the same time, it encourages a strong sense of stability among families and inhabitants of the UAE.
- Another benefit of the Green Visa is that it allows individuals to sponsor their families, allowing them to join the UAE. It is a good option for those who want to relocate with their families and experience all the UAE offers.
- In addition to these benefits, the Green Visa provides a range of other advantages, including easy access to government services, the ability to open bank accounts and obtain credit cards, and the option to purchase property in the UAE.
Green Visa Requirements
If you're interested in applying for the UAE Green Visa, there are a few requirements you'll need to meet.
Green Visa UAE could be the perfect opportunity to work for up to five years in the UAE. You can collaborate with local businesses and organizations and gain valuable experience in your field.
Here are a few requirements for skilled employees:
- Applicants must have a minimum bachelor's degree or equivalent diploma degree.
- Applicants must earn a minimum salary of AED 15,000 per month.
- Applicants should be in the first, second, or third occupational level defined by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation.
- Applicants must have a legitimate contract of employment in the UAE.
Investor or Partner
The validity of a green visa under this category increases from three to five years. As a result, it grants investors five years of residency in exchange for engaging in commercial activity. Let's look at the requirements for investors or partners for the green visa:
- Applicants must invest a minimum of AED 1 million in the UAE.
- If you hold multiple licences, the total capital investment is calculated.
- It is necessary to obtain the proper local authorities approval.
Freelancing and Self Employment
The concept of flexible work models has grown significantly around the globe. As the freelancing industry grows, the UAE government provides five years of residency to them via green visa. Here are a few requirements for freelancers and self-employment for a green visa
- Obtaining a freelance or self-employment work permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization is mandatory.
- A freelance income of AED 360,000 per year for the past two years.
- Applicants must provide evidence of sufficient financial resources to support themselves while living and working in the UAE.
- Have a bachelor's degree or specialized diploma at least.
The Cost of a Green Visa Dubai
While some fees are associated with the Green Visa, the overall cost is reasonable and manageable for most applicants. To apply for the Green Visa Dubai, you must pay an application fee of AED 335.75. This non-refundable fee is used to cover the expense of processing your application.
If your Green Visa application is approved, you must pay an issuance fee to receive your visa. The price varies depending on the category of Green Visa you're applying for. However, you'll need to pay a renewal fee to renew your Green Visa. The cost varies from AED 1000 to AED 1600 depending on the type of Green Visa you have:
In addition to the fees mentioned above, other costs may be associated with living and working in the UAE, such as housing, transportation, and healthcare. However, the UAE offers a relatively low cost of living compared to other major cities worldwide.
The Cost of a Green Visa Dubai
Let's discuss the impact of the Green Visa on the UAE economy.
The UAE has long been a hub for international business and innovation. But the Green Visa takes things further by explicitly targeting skilled professionals, including entrepreneurs, freelancers, etc. By attracting talent from around the world, the UAE can build a solid and diverse workforce that can drive innovation and growth in the UAE economy.
The Green Visa also offers freelancers and self-employed individuals opportunities to establish themselves in the UAE. It can contribute to the growth of the local entrepreneurship ecosystem. By creating welcoming innovative businesses, the UAE can attract more investment and create new job opportunities.
Diversifying the economy
The UAE has traditionally relied on the oil and gas industry as its primary source of income. However, the Green Visa can help the UAE diversify its economy by attracting talent and investment in different fields.
It can help the UAE become less dependent on the volatile oil market and build a more resilient and diversified economy. The UAE Green Visa offers a unique opportunity for skilled professionals, freelancers, and investors in the sustainability sector to live and work in the UAE.
While some fees are associated with the UAE Green Visa, the overall cost is reasonable and manageable for most applicants. If you meet the eligibility requirements for the Green Visa, this could be the perfect opportunity to contribute to building a greener future while advancing your career.